GAMESPY -- 5/5
[ QUOTE ]
In the end, there's no way that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess disappoints. It's an excellent addition (and homage to Ocarina) to the franchise, and you'll have an enormous amount of fun playing it from start to finish. Get over the fact that the Wii's hardware is simply not as powerful as the other next-gen machines and get into the fact that Twilight Princess is one of the best games you'll play this year. If you've been on the fence in any capacity, then please rest assured that you'll not be disappointed. I'm looking forward to checking out the GameCube version later next month, but I'm having a hard time imagining it being any better than the Wii interpretation. Nintendo's flagship game has finally arrived and you better damned well appreciate it. It's ultimately fantastic.
[/ QUOTE ]
GAMERZ-EDGE -- 10/10
[ QUOTE ]
You see, nearly everything about this game is downright perfect. It is undoubtedly the greatest Zelda game to date... in fact, it completely eclipses most other Zelda games. However, visually"?at least in terms of textures"?it is indeed a GameCube game. An extremely pretty GameCube game, yes, but it still seems less next-gen and more like the epitome of GameCube achievements. The problem is that the rest of the game is so superbly executed"?so masterfully designed"?that it totally overshadows nearly any slight concern regarding visual prowess. Couple this with the fact that I have never once in my position as a game reviewer awarded a videogame a ten out of ten (which never indicates a perfect game, but rather one that is very, very close), and you can see how it might be difficult to assign Zelda a proper score.
So, the question becomes this: When is a game so good that its other achievements outshine even noticeable technical flaws to the point that they are nearly insignificant? The answer is simple: When it reaches Twilight Princess' level. I don't believe I have ever played a game that has so seriously amazed me on a regular basis. I find myself regularly dumbstruck by the outright precision with which every facet of Twilight Princess is designed, and yet every time I think I have seen the most amazing thing, the game turns right around and floors me again. The world is vast and expansive, the characters are colorful and emotive, and dungeon designs are a sinister work of art. Some of the boss battles are among the most creative that I have seen in a game. The entire experience is just thoroughly Zelda from start to finish, and it's the best Zelda you'll have ever played to date.
[/ QUOTE ]
LAWRENCE.COM -- 9.9/10
[ QUOTE ]
In the history of launch titles, there has never been a single one that comes remotely close to the quality and excellence of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Considering this franchise is home to several regulars on "Best Games of All Time"? lists, there is a monumental standard to live up to. After the mixed reactions from Majora's Mask and the much-maligned sailing from Wind Waker, Zelda fans have been anxiously awaiting a true spiritual successor to Ocarina of Time. If you belong in this group, rest easy. Twilight Princess is that title.
[/ QUOTE ]
UGO -- A
[ QUOTE ]
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is undoubtedly the Wii's must-have, system-selling game. After the joys of Wii Sports wear off, you're gonna want a game to while away winter break, and this is just the one to do it. The motion-sensing controls work really well, and the classic Zelda feel is there, leaving you with a deep need to play for way more than is conventionally healthy. It may not rewrite the series, but it's freakin' Zelda! What more could you ask for at the dawn of the Wii?
[/ QUOTE ]
Gamebrink -- 99/100
[ QUOTE ]
It truly is, in my opinion, the best and longest Zelda ever made. With nearly 70 hours of playtime committed and more still to do, I cant think of a better experience or value this holiday season.
[/ QUOTE ]
These are the ONLY reviews I could find of the game.
Could this be one of the greatest games of all time? Could we have one of the greatest games of all time on our fingertips and not even know it?
Who knows..
All I can say is.. Wii are ready, and here Wii come!
This is only the beginning. Nintendo does it yet again, my friends.
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]







Bookmarks